Chris talks with cruise manager Peter Whitehead about where we’ve been, where we’ll go and what herding sheep has to do with his job.
Today Chris will discuss the Lytro camera with John Arnold of Photowalkthrough fame, and we will find out the difference between an electronic and a mechanical shutter and what the respective advantages and disadvantages are.
- Photo Workshops in Berlin, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Toronto and Vancouver
- Photowalkthrough by John Arnold
- 2012 is shaping up to be exciting
- Lightroom 4.1 release candidate
- Electronic vs. mechanical shutters (PDF)
Chris and Allan get their hands on the Canon C300 and the 5D Mark III, bringing you a live-ish report from the road.
Also: check out the all new Tips from the Top Floor website both in your browser and on your mobile device.
If you want to support the show, you can click the Flattr button to make a micro donation.
Today Chris talks about pet photography and three-point lighting, our singing friend Brandt is back, and Chris talks about snow flake photography with his guest Don Komarechka. Also: lice?
- Snowflakes by Don Komarechka
- Workshops with Chris in Toronto, Vancouver, San Francisco, Washington D.C. and Berlin – Early Bird Discount
Brandt wants to know if he should upgrade to the new Nikon D4, landscape photographer Ed has been volunteered by his wife to take candid shots at a valentines dinner and Allan Attridge is back talking with Chris about the making of the making of.
- The 2012 Workshops with Chris Marquardt
- Allan Attridge
- The Two Hosers Podcast
- Watch the Making-Of video discussed in this episode
- Multi-cam edit of the Mystery VHS Tape resolution